Wednesday 13 May 2009

Rave Walker?

Been having a go at PS again - it's definitely getting easier. I've been working on my Forest Walker and am pleased with it's progress so far. I tried to mix day-glo colours/mystic symbols for her tatooes and it's a pretty interesting. What I'm going for is a Walker who looks at home in a deep, mysterious forest - sacred carvings embedded in the bark of the trees, little shrines with offerings from the natives, predatory wolves, mist etc. That has been achieved to some effect, but it also looks like my Walker likes a bit of a rave.


I'm pretty proud of her tail - it looks like actual hair! Hoorah for the Smudge tool, says I. Obviously it needs a bit of tidying up, but I'm uberly pleased with the transition from the black coat to the white tips of her tail as well. The glow effect is pretty difficult to get right, especially on the magenta tatoo on her shoulder. Underneath the black coat are thick veins, then the caot, then the tatoo, then the glow - hopefully it'll look more distinctive once I start work on the veins.

The Walker feeds via her sharpened hooves - please refer to my helpful diagram below.

No comments: